Want to preview our new DataGrid for Xamarin.Forms?
Zumero.DataGrid is a Xamarin.Forms control for displaying data in rows and columns.
If you would be interested in testing and previewing a trial version of this product, email us:
We plan to submit this to the Xamarin Component Store where (pending Xamarin's approval) it would be a commercial product. Pricing has not been set.
You'll receive a file in Xamarin Component format (a .xam file) which you will need to install into your IDE.
(command line: xamarin-component.exe install ZumeroDataGrid-1.0.0.xam)
The component file contains the libraries for all platforms, plus documentation and samples.
The test component is a trial version. It overlays the contents of some (randomly chosen) grid cells with an orange label that says "Trial". It is otherwise identical to the full version.
This component is unrelated to the one I mentioned in a blog entry back on 3 October. That approach was based on drawing. It was not capable of hosting Xamarin.Forms views, so it couldn't do things like in-place editing. This component is entirely different.
We are eager to hear feedback of any kind.
- Support for cell contents to be any Xamarin.Forms.View
- Scrolling, both horizontal and vertical
- Optional top frozen header row
- Optional left frozen column
- Separate View template for each column
- View recycling (If you have 1000 rows but only 10 can be visible, DataGrid creates 10 Views and reuses them.)
- Data row objects (provided to the DataGrid as an IList<object>)
- Strong integration with the Xamarin.Forms binding mechanism
- Automatic updates if an ObservableCollection is used for rows and columns
- Configurable row height (for all rows in the grid)
- Configurable column widths (can be different for each column)
- Configurable spacing between rows and columns
- Works with C#, F#, and XAML
- Support for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone
- Full API documentation in MonoDoc
- Technical support service from Zumero